Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 1~The Best time of the year...Halloween!


So it is THAT time of the year ... 
Autumn, dark evenings and the HALLOWEEN coming 
with pumpkins, skeletons, skulls and spirits ... 
so I decided to "cover" my dreams from the eery spirits 
and made a dreamcatcher that hopefully will suck in all the bad dreams 
and allow all the nice ones to enter.


Re-cycling a ring from a sticky red tape


Using silk clay and Panduro's mold for the skulls. 
And then added some Inka Golds for the color.


Some more Inka Gold and stamp from Sin City Stamps

I think my dreamcatcher would fit right in to Anne's 
brilliantly creepy house, :)

Creepy house?  You're only thinking that way 
because Halloween is so close! 
  Shredded money makes great "grass" for the spiders 
to nest in and web from, true.


BUT... is it a house?  Or a Chrysalis?  
Is something hatching/metamorphosing under the Halloween moon?


Ohhh lots of things that don't necessarily go bump in the night!

I managed to get on track sort of, and finish a mini book that came to mind a couple of eeek months ago with our Circus theme...well who KNEW a MINI book could be so big on the inside!



I am crossing fingers and toes you can see my little slide show above...the one minute it should take to play, I hope you will feel it was time well spent. 


Mini Book Ingredients:
One page 8 1/2" x 11" bond paper
gelatin plate of choice
acrylic paints
old gift/credit card
Thick hot drink cup wrap repurposed as a "book cover"
Lots of rubber stamps, I used the Circus ones thank you Granne and
some of my Sin City Stamps, DriBonez by Rick St Dennis and Oddly Appealing by Cathy Frailey, yes these links go to my shop wherein if someone were to purchase somesuch stuffs, another someone might earn some change to buy some somenecessitylikethings.





But I do know for sure, if you come back during this glorious month of October there may be a few treats here and there and maybe that Frogster critter will leave a trick who knows?

We'd love to see your spin on Halloween, Day of the Dead and whatever else your dreams treat you to, so share away and link up okay?

Much love and hugs to you all!

Now go play!



8 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! Love these amazing art works...and this fabulous time of year :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my Sin City Stamps!!!! WOW!!! Only expected 3 lol Off to play with them now :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been awhile. Missed you guys and getting my creep on. Fab work! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. So.. I just came acrossed your blog.. Wow!! Super awesome. Love the creepy feel and Art!!!! The outside the box projects feels like Im picking my own brain. So cool. I think I will have to link a project up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a suprise to find a blog like this! Nice to see a place where u can let the Dark Side and Art mix up! Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful inspirations and great dark challenges :)!
    I got your Mail - thanks a lot :)!

    Hugs Senna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    โคนัน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and partaking of our weirdness! Play on kind souls!
~~~(insert grown up voice)

A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.